4 cyl Trans/engine interface

How important is that thin metal half-way-round gasket/shim that fits between
the engine and trans on 4 cyl cars, that absolutely must be installed before
the flywheel goes on?  Am I about to have a &$%*#! moment?  Oh well, gotta
have something to do while I wait for the crack in the bell housing to be
welded...

On another (probably happier) note, I finally completed the wiring for the
electric fan tonight, and tested it.  Only one small glitch with the +/-
reversed after the relay, quickly corrected, and argh, she blows a powerful
gale, matey!

Cheers,

Tony
Portland, OR