Factory sunroof

The esteemed Mr. Hertzman sayeth:

>>unless you can find the Alfa parts number in an Alfa parts
>>catalog it isn't an Alfa sunroof.

I'd have to agree, with one minor qualification - the parts catalog would be the ultimate authority on, say, a "factory" sunroof, but not necessarily an "Alfa" sunroof.

It's splitting hairs, I know, but I'm sure ARDONA or ARI offered or installed options/radios/etc. on American cars that aren't in the parts catalog.  I'd call these "Alfa" options, but not "factory" options.  I guess it's all a matter of the difference between Alfa Romeo, SpA (or now, Fiat) and ARDONA or ARI.

So, in regards to the sunroof in question - could it be a factory original sunroof?  Not unless it's in a parts catalog.  Could it be an Alfa sunroof?  Maybe, if it was installed prior to sale to an individual.

Just a thought...

- Paul Witek