FS: '81 Spider Veloce daily driver, $1400 o.b.o.

Hello Listers,

After much agonizing deliberation, I have decided that it just isn't
practical to bring my Spider with me on my move to the West Coast from
Florida. So before I release it to the tigers and tigresses on Ebay, I
thought I'd see if any red blooded Alfa people might be interested- kinda
would make me feel better selling to a true Alfa lover.

The GOOD news: This car, with 125,700 original miles on it, has been my daily
driver for the past four years. I have always kept it carefully and
professionally maintained, and am near to religious about the oil changes
(including the Spica pump filter!). I just replaced the engine mounts and
clutch slave cylinder this past February, and the whole clutch assembly was
replaced last June. New fuel tank last July, new Goodyear Wingfoot HP tires
(still in like-new condition, I drive like an old lady) and water pump the
year before that. It'll need a new muffler soon, it's on the loud side...
otherwise mechanically it needs nothing.

The BAD news (you knew there had to be some at this price, didn't you?): Try
as I might, I could not protect the nice black finish from the mean Florida
sun. The paint is badly oxidized, and yes, there is a bit of rust, most
notably on the front passenger rocker panel. The "Turbina" rims have also
seen better days: I wrote recently about a problem I was having with the
balancing weights falling off due to corrosion around the edges. Interior is
average... the leather seats are cracked, but I covered them with those nice
$200 fitted seat covers that IAP sells... good as new ;-)

In conclusion, this would be a great summer fun car for someone (maybe your
favorite teenager?)... then you could take the winter to do the paint and
bodywork. I have taken some pictures of the car and would be happy to share
them via email with anyone interested. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Courtney Hermon-Taylor
305-688-0167