91 Spider won't turn over

Hi group,
I took my spider for a 1/2 hour drive the other day and when i got back in
the car it was dead.I sat for a while and tried it again and it started. When
i got home i turned it off and it would not turn over. I checked the battery
voltage and it was 12.5 volt's. I kept turning the key on and off until it
did start, While idling the battery voltage was 13.5 volt's I dont think the
battery is bad. Does anyone have any idea's?
Tony