Let's get back to rod knock, NOT people knock

        Present message, to Mr. DiMatteo and the Alfa Digest community,
messages) copied below:

        Mr. DiMatteo, not all of us are technical experts, just as you
are not particularly diplomatic.
        A tone such as yours chills the less technically-informed of us
from asking questions that may benefit the Alfa community.  Arrogance
and sarcasm are enemies of open discussion.
        Besides, your point is not even clear.  Based on your response
(below), is Zach supposed to keep driving his car, or not?  So, you've
failed on two counts.  You've failed to inform and you've failed to
adopt a civil approach to others in the community.
    Now let's get back to the issue.  Can someone explore, in the
reasonable and respectful manner so many of us on the Digest have
adopted, the issue of rod knock, whatever that is?  I've been fascinated
by many of the discussions on the Digest, to which many fine and
knowledgeable people have contributed.  Octane, oil viscosity and
viscous couplings are just a few such subjects.  Maybe rod knock will be
another.
Doug Harris
Richmond, Virginia

4.    Off digest, Ferdinando Di Matteo wrote in response:

Both~ Sres

3.    Off digest, I wrote to Mr. Di Matteo:

Subject:  Curious
Just wondering:  Were you trying to be offensive or just funny in your
response in Alfa Digest V8 715 to Zacharey Cox?
Doug Harris
Richmond, Virginia

2.    In AD V8 716, Ferdinando Di Matteo wrote in response:

Subject: Rod knock
Zacharey Cox, you ask stupid questions and you'll get stupid answers!
I guess you wiill [sic] have tp [sic] learn the hard way, drive iit
[sic] as hard as
possible over long stretches, have the tow truck behind you or use your
cell phone to call AAA Plus. It carries your car free for a hundred
miles.  Good luck, Fred Di Matteo  AROC Technical Advisor in Fort Myers,

Florida

1.    In AD V8 715, Zacharey Cox wrote:

Subject: Question about rod knock
Alfa - 1975 Alfetta 2.0L
Problem - possible rod knock.
Question - Can rod knock sound make a motor sound like a diesel?  That's

the sound I'm hearing under light throttle.  Under heavy throttle all I
can really here is the blown out, raspy sounding rear muffler.  If it is

indeed rod knock, what are my options?  I'm sure I'll here everything
from just drive it to full rebuild.  I plan on driving her until
something really evil happens to the motor as this Alfetta started out
as a $50 purchase & I really don't feel the need to dump a few grand
into the motor.
Cheers,
Zach
Redmond, WA

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]