105 Trans mount

One cold January day, I used a hammer and flat end punch to drive my trans
mount out, working slowly around the perimeter and tapping with minimal force.
It came out in about 30 seconds.  I drove the new one in with a hammer on a
chunk of 2x4, with the trans case supported on another block of wood.  In a
remarkable coincidence of ignorance and luck, it was easy and I didn't break
anything.

I'm happy I decided to go to the effort to pull the engine and trans, so all
the little PITA jobs like this could be done on the bench instead of under a
greasy car.  Makes me think that when I decide to tackle the pinion seal, that
rear axle is comin' out too, and I can replace all the bushings while I'm at
it.

Cheers,

Tony
Portland, OR