Triumph 2000

Hey, this Italian bodied 2 litre straight six (unsupercharged, probably
just as well) was a fine car for its time. I was the proud owner of one of
a handful of previously enjoyed Saloon models in Alberta in the early 70's.
Disc front brakes, irs, four speed with overdrive, it was a very good car
to drive. Reliability was a joke. Easy to work on though, I did the head
gasket with a set of box and open spanners made in India and a 3 foot
length of gas pipe as a torque wrench, nothing a little stop leak couldn't
cure.

So what if the splined half shafts would lock under "hard" acceleration,
and the springs sagged their sorry ass all the time. I loved it.

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
91 Alfa 164L