Re: Mark's timing belt tensioner

	I know of several V6 cars that ended up with bent valves because of
the new mechanical tensioner failure. The newest batch does not seem to have
the same tension as older models. Most of these people now use the Zat
tensioner.

	Bruce,
                          You may have trouble reconverting back to a
hydraulic tensioner. The hollow stud is removed and a solid stud is loctited
in its place. The return hole in the block is drilled out to a larger size,
threaded, and a plug also loctited into place.  I had a friend try and
reconvert his Milano and it ended up a total mess because the replacement
mechanical stud and plug are not meant to be removed. He ended up using a
Zat tensioner.

ANDREWG
Houston, TX
82 GTV6 ITS #68