re: 164 ac trick...

hi wrx-willi,

ya, my gtwe6 has one-o-dem plumbing walves in-line w/the coolant hose going to the heater core.  my mazda 626 heater-core walve doesn't seal internally, any more...  (but at least it doesn't leak externally!)  in an interesting aside, i am prolly the only pantera owner extant, that does *not* have these in my pantera's heater-hose coolant lines....  ;~)

but, unless i am mistaken, if yure getting heat into the passenger compartment of yer 168, it's not cuz of any leaking heater-core walve - afaik, there ain't none on the 168 (or, the 164, either!)  these pups are *always* filled w/hot coolant; it's the flap, controlled by the dreaded stepper motors that causes this unwanted heat to enter the cabin, if it's not completely closed...  am i mistaken about this?

dug seed in