Re: GTV-6 Transaxle Question

I experienced the same sort of "clunking" in my '84 until just recently when
I had her taken in for a tranny rebuild.  As it turned out, I actually had
two broken mounts...2 broken mounts = bad news...however, Mr. Matos took care
of that right quick - now she shifts like a champ.  I got rid of the clunking
by simply depressing the clutch and shifting into neutral rather than letting
the engine speed slow the car down.  Hope this helps.

Ryan Mottice
'84 GTV6
cerca Leesburg, VA