Muffler facts

I believe the center muffler on modern exhausts is a bit more like a
resonator than a true muffler. If you wish to remove one of the two rear
mufflers (counting the catalytic converter as essentially performing most
of the resonator function in older designs) I recommend you do not remove
the rear one and straight pipe from there., it will be loud. Conventionally
you would remove only the center one and slip in a straight pipe, though
why anyone would want to is beyond me.

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
91 Alfa 164L