Milano rear brake squeel, how do I stop this?

When I purchased my 88 Milano Verde the rear brakes squealed all the
time, it was very annoying. I asked my mechanic about it and he suggested
new pads of a different brand (I'm not sure which, but semi-metallic I
believe). After he installed these pads the rear brake squeal went from
98% of all stops to < 5% of all stops, and when they did squeal it was
much quieter.  Now a month later I'm getting squealing again. It is much
louder and seems to come on after my first semi-hard stop of the day. I'm
now getting this obnoxious noise around 50% of all stops. Any suggestions
on how to cure this problem? Someone once suggested copper grease applied
to the backs of the pads. I've never heard of copper grease. Thanks in
advance, Derek