Plex static timing

Hiall,
As I get closer to dropping the engine back in the GTV, I've been thinking
about what will need to be done to get the car running and on the road, and
what I will parts or knowledge will I need to wrap up this project.

One thing that I need to know is -- how do I static time a Plex distributor?
Will the light bulb method work on a distributor without points?  Intuition
says no, but intuition bought a lot of tech stocks, too...

Many thanks,

Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800CS
"Acceleration = (Mass - Rust) + Horsepower"