GTV6 Brakes

The rear brakes on the GTV6 are the car's Achilles heel when it comes to
track work. Although generally speaking the car is underbraked. If you look
on the GTV6 discussion group there is a great, informative post from a guy
who ran his GTV6 with temperature probes.

Mine has recently been fitted with vented rear rotors, which seem to be
helping a lot. There are a few guys who make kits and I would recommend
this. My exhaust guy talked me out of wrapping the exhaust, so I have had
the rear muffler ceramic coated instead. I also worked the muffler mounts
to move the exhaust pipe as far away as possible.

The racing purists say that high temp brake fluid is not needed, because if
you've got the brake temps under control, then the fluid doesn't get hot
enough to need it. For the GTV6, however, high temp brake fluid is pretty
much mandatory.

The other issue that requires attention is the front brakes. Any weakness
in the front brakes puts more load on the rear, which in turn makes them
run hotter. I was having a lot of trouble with brake fade (despite
competition pads) until I put ducted cuffs on the front discs. This
improved my brakes an enormous amount and has improved the stability of the
rear brakes as well.

The final step (and probably most awkward) is to add cooling ducts to the
rear brakes. The jury's still out as to whether I need this yet.