From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Zamani Zambri
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 2:16 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: GTV6 brakes

Well I don't race, but the rear brakes suck. There is a good kit for
the rear vented brakes for $450. But I still don't like the idea of
having a hot transaxle and hot brakes and hot exhaust all in the same
small under-ventilated area. I am looking into moving the rear brakes
outwards. The requirement is to make the kit for less than $450.
Probably using brakes for other cars. Also since I wll be using 2.5"
pipes for the rear over-the axle section, , a wider caliper (using the
spacer for the vented rear rotor) may not be a good idea. Unless you
resort to smaller diameter (and, btw, also cheaper) coil springs.

Zamani