final assembly query

Hi,
A few home stretch questions for the collective wisdom --

1.  Do the crank pulley bolt and flywheel bolts for a 1974 vintage 2 liter
need thread locker, or is torquing enough?  The bolts had no locker on them
when disassembled.

2.  Do those little half-round plugs that seal the back of the cam housing
come in more than one size?  I know they should be a little large to give a
good seal, but the ones that came in my gasket kit from Centerline are
*really* big.  They stand about 3mm proud of the sealing surface even when I
squash them down hard with my thumb.  It looks like they'll keep the cam cover
from sealing.

Is it acceptable to trim them a little?

Thanks,
Tony