New 156 (157? 158?)

What's the latest news of this for the US market? It sounded like the Spider
was to be the first new Alfa for US, as a 2005 model. But recent news has
indicated the next-gen 156 will be redesigned before the Spider.

Any speculation on pricing? I might be ready for a new Jetta V by 2005
($25,000-$30,000) but I would consider a new Alfa sedan if one were
available in that price range.