Making a "hot" `79 Spider engine

Alfisti,

When I get back to the States from working on the Men`s World Cup in Japan, I have decided to re-build an engine for my `79 Spider.  I would like to build a really "hot" street engine, but do not want to spend my life savings doing it at the same time.  My father and I have built some really good Alfa engines in the past, but I just want to go that extra mile to see what can be built...while sticking to budget.

Any recommendations (i.e. pistons, headers, cams, professional head work, etc)?

By the by, I have seen a lot of 147s and 156s while in Japan.  Great looking cars, if I were staying I might invest in one...

Chip