RE: alfa-digest V8 #655

MEK is very bad for skin indeed.  But a little bit of it, just like a bit of
almost everything else won't do much harm.

My exposure to MEK came when I used to walk around my dad's chemicals
factory.  Once I accidentally spilled heavy duty glue on my hand and one of
the workers opened up a can of MEK and told me to stick my hand in it.  The
glue came off without me doing anything and then when I pulled out my hand,
the extremely rapid evaporation of the solvent cooled my hand.  I thought
this was the neatest thing and started playing with the damned thing until
my dad saw me and stopped me.

A bit of MEK in gasoline does wonders but it will attack some rubbers so it
needs to be measured carefully.

Gary