Dealing with rusty exhaust

So I need to drop the exhaust on my Milano Verde soon.   I've dealt with
everything from the cat back, but the manifold/downpipes connection
looks like it's going to be a bear.

The manifold studs are rusted to the point that they no longer appear to
even be threaded.   I know there's no way I'm going to be able to back
those nuts off... which has prompted me to formulate plan B.

I'm planning on using a cut-off tool or angle grinder, what ever I can
fit up there, and clip the studs clean off.  That should allow the
downpipes/cat to come free.  After remvoing the downpipes I should be
able to drill out the old studs and replace them with bolts.

Does this sound like a decent plan?

	--Mark