Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:33:07 -0500
From: Robert Clauss <beckyco@domain.elided>
Subject: inoperative tachs

A tach in a mid 80's Spider can act up sporadically due
to the drive cable
backing out of the sending unit (mounted just in front
of the master
cylinder). The factory speedo cable is actually a bit
short. A quick, cheap
check (and fix) is to disconnect the cable, slide a
couple of tiny o rings
over the cable down to the cable sheath, then reinstall.
The o rings push
the sheath back, forcing more of the cable into the
sending unit. Fixed
mine years ago.

Robert Clauss
Mt. Prospect, IL  USA