re: 164 power seat switch: UPDATE

hi ross,

when one of my 164's seats was stuck in the stratospheric position, the only way i was able to lower it was to remove the li'l pebble that had gotten jammed in the gears, which normally have no problems raising & lowering the seats...  ;~)  mite wanna check it out.

doug s.
Thanks to everyone for their input regarding failed power seat
switches.

Some of you suggested that the contacts may just be corroded: this was
not the problem.

Some of you suggested the switches are interchangeable.  This is true!
I was able to return both seats to the positions I wanted by changing
the switches.

However, my passenger seat is still set all the way in the UP position,
so whoever sits there has their head hit the roof.  Since changing
switches did not fix this, I am assuming the switches are fine, but the
seat is broken.

My question is this: is there a manual way to get the power seat to go
DOWN?  I can live with that adjustment being broken, but I'd like to at
least move it down so it's comfortable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ross - 1991 164L