Clutch Pedal On 164S Takes Up Too Close To Floor

Ive been having a clutch pedal problem for the last few weeks that I cant
figure out. My pedal went to the floor and stayed there about a month ago.
Since the master and slave cylinders were the original parts, I figured they
certainly could be in need of replacement. As I couldnt find any obvious
leaks, I replaced the slave first, as the cheaper of the two parts, along
with the rubber hose joining it to the master. The old master failed one day
later, with obvious fluid leaking out.

After replacing the master, and bleeding the system repeatedly, the pedal
now has about 3 inches of no resistance before finally activating the clutch
very near the end of the pedals travel. It clearly appears like the system
has a fluid leak or air in it, but I cant figure it out. There are no
obvious leaks, and the fluid level in the reservoir is stable. My mechanic
is unavailable for a week or so, so Im really stuck. It seems obvious to me
that there isnt enough hydraulic pressure in the system, but Im stumped
trying to find the cause. Can anyone out there offer advice about how to
figure this one out? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rich Lasner
1992 164S
ARA
AROC