Shell Spirax; addition to stable; restoration work

I had put Redline MTL into the gearboxes of both my 69 and 88 Spiders and
was pleased with the improvement in the shift, but not pleased with the
leaks.  Changed to Redline 75W90NS... shifting remained very good, leaks
slowed, but still present.  After reading the thread on Shell Spirax I
have decided to try it and after a bit a searching, found the local
distributor and picked up a case of quarts for about $22.00.  Haven't had
a chance to change either car yet.

My wife's daily driver is the 91 164L which she loves.  Leaks about the
cam hub seals have become rather significant.  Made the tools to do this
job (see Aflapro site http://www.alfapro.com/html/cam_o-rings.html).
Should put them to use this week.  But while it was down, we found a 93
164L advertised in local paper.  Long story short, we bought it at good
price (less than 60K, interior and exterior in great shape, 60K checkup
done).  It's now her daily driver.  Once I replaced the cam hub o-rings,
I may decide to sell the 1991 164L.

Recently got the 84 spider back from the frame restoration man.  This guy
rescued the 84 2.0 from the crusher, as far as I am concerned.  The
extent of under carriage rust was alarming.  I discovered a new shop was
in the area doing frame restoration work.  Contacted him, he came by the
house and reviewed the car, gave me an estimate and told he could take
the car that day and have it done in two weeks.  I hauled the car to him
later that day (already had the engine and tranny out), he removed the
interior, repaired all areas, undercoated and painted all areas he
repaired.  I was impressed!!  He now has the 88 Spider (little work
needed, but with this kind of turn around and attractive pricing, why
not?).

The name of the business is The Original Farris Frame Restoration, Broad
St., Pataskala, OH, 43062, and his number is 740/927-2299.  His name is
Rod Farris and is hungry for business as he recently relocated from
Columbus, OH.

Paul Weimer
Pataskala, OH
60 Spider