Re: swept area

Well, I guess it all depends on where your coming from. I agree about
the effects of swept area but to me heat dissipation is major first
order concern. Brakes are nothing more than heat exchangers. They take
energy in the form of rotational movement and convert it to heat and
then vent that heat to the atmosphere. Thats it really, the entire
purpose of brakes. If you only plan to use them once then ok, but in
any kind of performance application heat dissipation becomes very
important.

Ed