Re: 164 seat switches

I've been told by a number of people, they are infact the same switches, just a
part # for the pictograms (the difference). Never-the-less, I did blow the main
seat switch fuse, Any clues as to where it really is, I don't see any
supplementary fuse box down there.

Thanks,
Bernie Bennett

C M Smith wrote:

> There are three separate part numbers for these switches. They are not
> interchangeable. Weird but true. You can swap the same switch left to right
> across the car and it may work (but sometimes not, also weird) but you
> cannot get them to work by moving them from one function to another. They
> appear to be identical, except for the pictograms on the switch buttons,
> but they ain't.
>
> Michael Smith
> Calgary, Alberta,Canada
> 91 Alfa 164L
>
> --

Bernie Bennett

'91 164 L automatic grey seats need adjusting
'94 164 LS automatic white cam timing needs adjusting
'92 Spider automatic red our 13th Alfa and first open car. 3rd week of
ownership new exhaust, trunk release cable, and plastic intake cross over
tube. Needs front seal and a hard top. Fun car , great gas mileage in town
(20 vs 12 on the V6's) and no fiber timing belt a real steel chain.