Re: alfa-digest V8 #627

Carlos,
The leather does not shrink, he is trying to rip you off! I took the seat
bottoms out of my 1991 164L because the stitching had rotted away. The shop I
took them to was surprised that they were real leather but the problem was
restitching would weaken the seams -too many holes, perforated tear offs-
Anyway the shop offered to match the leather on the bottoms of both seats for
less than $100.00 because they had originally agreed to repair the leather. I
took the seats apart myself, not a hard job but you must be patient. If you
want a detailed instruction I will write one...
Call a good upholstery shop and explain your problem, if you are willing to
do the grunt work -removal and reinstallation- the seats act as a pattern and
the only thing the upholstery shop has to do is cut and sew the leather. Talk
with some upholsterers, you should be able to do both seats for $150.00 --
$200.00.
Thomas Gonnella