Batteries, am I doing something wrong?

Being an old (breaking wind explicative), haven't owned all that many
cars. Don't know why but batteries for me just haven't been a major
problem.

Let's see now, if it requires water, add water. Did I mention to get the
biggest som-bitch which fits in the hole? Oh ya, I play around,
sometimes more than others, a lot. Even in my ancient old '75 Alfetta GT
Cooo-Pay, air-conditioned which means rear battery, I generally see the
battery on more that one or two occasions throughout the year.

Don't know what to say but my batteries simply don't get green smuudge
on their terminals. True, a schmear of Vas-O-Leen on the terminals must
help.

Am disappointed if a battery doesn't last at least five years. Oy!

Should I be driving 'her' harder? Bubie, what am I doing wrong?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Just a thought. Could it be that 99.99% of the original wiring is still
in place? (In spite of what they 'all' say about Alfa electrics?).