RE: Green Knob battery savers

I have this type of battery disconnect on all of my cars and find them to
be quite acceptable. Occasionally if you do not use the disconnect feature
you will have to loosen and tighten the knob to get a better connection.
These devices are now sold through Harbor Freight at a reduced price. They
also have a version which has an extra wire to power your radio when the
main power is disconnected. This use is probably intended for anti-theft
rather than a battery disconnect.

When installing the device I always put it on the negative terminal. To
save space I solder the ground wire directly into the battery saver rather
than using the standard battery clamp. The device is designed so that it
clamps to the battery and the removed clamp is then attached to it. This
makes for a lot of clutter and there is often interference with the battery
if the terminals are not near the edge. Soldering the wire directly to the
device eliminates these problems.
Tom Sahines ARA Tech Hot Line
Milpitas CA