Re: Rust Encapsulant

I've been using POR-15, and I've been very pleased with it.   It brushes
on very easily and sticks incredibly well.   I've had no problem with
left-overs going bad in the can.   Although, I recommend their 6-pack of
small cans.   A little really goes a long way, and that way you don't
have to worry about it going bad one way or the other.

Make sure you wear rubber gloves though, as it sticks to skin better (or
worse) than anything I've ever used.   If you get some on you, and don't
immediately remove it with some solvent, you'll just have to wear it off.

It's still not a cure-all for rust.   You need to remove or a least
stabilize any flaky rust for the product to have any chance of working.
  Sand blasting or wire brushing is the way to go, then prep with a
phosphoric acid solution (like Metal Prep) before painting with Por-15.
  I've had similar good results with POR-20 (silver hi-temp POR) for
brake calipers and on exhaust heat shields.

    --Mark