From: Pottree@domain.elided [mailto:Pottree@domain.elided]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 11:51 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: fuel filling: GTV6

OK, while you have all been idling away your time posting to the Digest,
my
BW and I have been out running the back roads of Southern California,
USA to
scope out the most enjoyable route for the driving tour for July's AROC
national convention.  we are trying HARD to come up with a scenic,
enjoyable,
fun driving route that avoids ugliness, traffic, and other realities and
lets
you just have a blast driving ... and of course we have been sacrificing
our
time in this effort in the GTV6.

THEREFORE and comes now the comment (attn.: lawyers on the Digest I have

previously offended: I have served my time and beg pardon with all due
contrition): when you come to Southern California and if you have a GTV6
or a
75/Milano (in my own experience) you will find there are various type of
gas
pumps intended to prevent excess gasoline vapors from escaping during a
fill
up, all of them invented after these cars left the factory.  The result
is
that it is sometimes quite difficult to fill the tank with fuel because
the
vapor recovery system trips the tank full pressure switch, and the pump
shuts
off -- and this may happen many times in a single fill up.  From
personal
experience, I think it may also have something to do with the ambient
air
temp and/or how long the car has been run before it rolls up to the
pump, the
pressure inside the gas tank, etc.  This is both a warning for visitors
the convention in So. Cal. who may not come from places where they care
recover stray fumes at a fill up.

Has anyone been able to find a workaround for this situation?
Sometimes,
it's not a problem, sometimes it get quite annoying ... and in the
places
that use the "old-fashioned" nozzles, it is never a problem at all.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA