RE: Transporting Cars

Jon,

I have transported several.  My experience is if you cheap out, your car
get's scratched up. I have tried open transporters twice with this effect.
When I tried it cheap it cost me $750 from Florida to Dallas.   When I used
a good enclosed transporter it from Florida to Dallas it cost me $925.  It's
better to spend a couple of dollars extra.  The best guys are passport,
horseless carriage, reliable.  There are also several other, but I don't
have experience with them.  The general rule of thumb is call all of the
high end guys and get bids.  If they have a truck going somewhere near your
trip directions, they will cut a deal.  My Ferrari came from Ft. Lauderdale
to Dallas for $850 because they had a 360 Modena going to New Orleans
anyhow.

Good Luck

Rodney Haas
rhaas@domain.elided Plano, TX USA
http://www.maffiacarclub.com
Maserati, ALFA, Ferrari, FIAT, Italian Automobiles

EURO FIESTA THIS coming Sunday @ 10:00 Lucas Texas

72 Maserati Euro Indy   ( Ready for the interior shop )
73 Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 ( Newest Family Member )
81 Fiat Spider ( Daily Driver For Sale )
86 Maserati Spyder ( Marci's Toy )
87 Rx7 ( Marci's Daily Driver)
00 Sebring ( My Current Driver )
Looking for a nice Maserati Mexico