wide wheels and Spider front hubs question

I could use some advise here...
Am trying to fit new ATS wheels to my '73 Spider. The wheels are 14x7 wide.
The front driver's side mounts fine, while the passenger side tie-rod-end
rubs against the inner rim of the wheel. A digesti warned me of this problem
on his '71 GTV. He said he had clearance problems, and had to replace his
original tie-rod-ends with the "newer" smaller type fitted from '72-on. Now
my car is a '73, and both tie-rod-ends appear the same, as well as the new
replacements I got from IAP. After running into the problem of having one
wheel fit, and the other -not, I did some measurements to see what was
different in the front hubs of the car. It appears that the "arm" extending
from the hub, the one that houses the tie-rod-end, is longer on the
passenger side of the car than the one on the driver's side by about 4mm's.
Just enough of a difference to cause interference problems with the wheel.
To be perfectly honest, I did not measure the actual length of the "arms",
but rather how much they protruded beyond the brake disc looking from the
side of the car. It also looks like the faulty arm is closer to the brake
disc as well vs. the other one.
I can't imagine that there would be a casting difference between the two
hubs, but wanted to verify this with the Digest. My guess is that faulty arm
is bent as a result of an accident, and has to be replaced. I don't know the
history of the car.
Therefore, if anyone has a passenger side front hub they want to sell,
please contact me off-list. Any thoughts on the subject are most welcome.

Val
Seattle
'73 Spider