re: spider rollbars

I am not a Spider person (never had one, don't want one--especially not for
track use), so my personal solution to this dilemma is a GTV.  From being
involved with vintage racing and organizing track events for the
Mid-Atlantic AROC, however, I've had plenty of opportunities to see a
variety of rollbar installations in Spiders, both successful and
unsuccessful.  One possible solution, which sounds drastic, but can allow
use of the top with a fixed rollbar and maintains the stock appearance of
the car, is to drop the floor to provide the necessary clearance.