Re: Motronic Pistons

Excellent question, I'm surprised that no one has posted a response on the
digest to this seemingly relevant topic.  I too will be rebuilding at least
one 2L this summer, and I am strongly considering the 10.0 Motronic piston
& liners.   My concern and questions to the Digest are these:  Will the
compression jump from 9.0 to 10.0 CR create a need to use the top octane
gas?  Will I notice a significant increase in predetonation? The Spica
injection already runs more lean than Webers, and will this accentuate any
predetonation problems?   My Sperry head has been milled and is no longer
stock height and I use an 11mm cam - any valve clearance issues?

This is a more pertinent topic than SUVs, Porsche handling quirks or
tatoos.  Almost as important as the identification and capacity of '73 gas
tanks..  What is the collective experience?

KCT, Powell, TN
.