Re: Driveshaft vibration

Dott. Ing. Peter Krause wrote:
>The reason why 99% of the GTV-6 driveshafts wobble is because of
>catastrophic failure of the front doughnut, causing an incredible loading in
>one outward direction at the time of failure and bending the nose of the
>front of the driveshaft where the spherical bearing locates the bushing that
>goes inside the front flywheel...These cars, like us, are getting older...

The Milano 3.0 that I bought in the early '90s, when it was not so old,
experienced an even more catastrophic failure.  The spherical nose of the
front driveshaft actually sheared off some time after I acquired the car.
Apparently the front donut had failed, severely stressed the shaft, while
the original owner still had the car.  He continued to drive it, not
suspecting there was any problem, and I did the same until a major wobble
set in, resulting in disassembly of the whole driveshaft assembly.