Turn signal flasher

I was always under the assumption a flasher unit is a flasher unit, etc.

What are the 'critical numbers' one should look for when replacing a
unit?

Out of the three units I had handy to test on Joe's '60 Giulietta Spider
was the old Lucas unit which reads FL512v42w; the next a practically
brand new CEC (made in Taiwan) reads DOT / 550 / 12 Volt / 32CP - MAX6;
the third was originally not even tried since it's cover had been pried
off and assumed it was non-functioninghowever, it's the only one which
will actually flash the lights AND the indicator light. It reads SIPEA
(I think) 0710-12V / 42/92W / (A)73316 - DOT / OC.

The newish Taiwan unit would flash the lights, but not the indicator
light. The Lucas unit is dead.

I'm interested in getting a complete new one for this car, but would
like to know 'what's critical' to save time during future trouble
shooting purposes.

Also, why don't the one's off the shelf have mounting brackets? I've
always hated tucking the dangling flasher unit up in the loom somewhere.
The Lucas has a nice L bracket on the end, but alas...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA