Re: : Milano vibration 2400-3400 rpm

Derek Ealy wrote:
"I have an 88 Milano Verde w/83000 miles. There is a vibration that begins
at about 2400 rpm and goes to around 3400 rpm. The vibration occurs even
when the car is standing still with the tranny in neutral. It seems to be
worse though when the car is in motion and the tranny is in 1st and 2nd
gears, although it is still noticeable in 3rd - 5th."

Derek, I don't have any solutions, but I can commiserate!  My 84 GTV6
w/65000 miles has the same problem.  Last May, the Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo
Club had a "tech session" during which I was fortunate enough to be able to
put the car on a lift and have some quite knowledgeable Alfisti observe the
driveshaft and other driveline components while I held the engine speed in
the offending 2400-3000 rpm range.  All hands seemed to think that the
quibos, driveshaft support bearing, etc. all looked and sounded fine from
below.
   You don't realize how often you're in the 2400-3000 rpm range when you're
in stop-and-go traffic or tooling around in a parking deck.  I'm glad that
the warm weather is here, since I can't hear the vibration with the windows
down.  As soon as I wrap up some other projects, I want to investigate this
further.
    Does anyone out there have any suggestions?
Bert Neily
Raleigh, NC