Re: Spider problems

Thanks to all who responded. As it turned out, the problem was actually
too much play in the distributor, which caused the rotor to rub against
the cap (the noise I heard) and caused an intermittent / out of time
spark. When I pulled the cap, the rotor had actually been pulled loose
from the dist. shaft and could be turned by hand! A new distributor
appears to be in order.

Thanks again,
Jason Arrington
Springville, UT
'87 Spider Quad (on the road to recovery)