164 LS, various qestions

I recently bought a 1995 164 LS and have several questions.
(1) My check engine light remains on. I have checked all the vitals and
have reset the dask lamp. I cleaned the contacts using deOXit. But even
now, when I accelerate hard it comes on and remins on. Are there any
other checks?

(2) I'd like to upgrade my stereo from the original equipment (OE). Is
there an adapter available to connect to the OE wiring? I assume that
there is an amplifier somewhere. Where is it?

(3) Where is the speedo sending unit? I had mine replaced but it still
does not work and I'd like to check the connection.

(4) Is the steering pump a weak point? Mine seems to have failed. The
car was lower with Intrax springs. Could this cause problems?

--
Michael