Milano count

In case anyone is counting, I owned an '87 Milano Silver from 1987-1991
that did not have a sunroof. We drove it for over 100K before trading it
on.....well, something else. I'd think the majority of low trim level cars
would not have been sunroof equipped, while the golds, plats and verdes
would have been more likely to as the level increased. The Milano was
primarily my wife's car, and for about a year the only other car we had was
the Grad Spider we purchased. Two Alfas, and no backup. The Milano was
expensive to own, when doing the maintenance by the book through a dealer.
Regular maintenance was several thousand dollars a year. We considered that
as simply the price to pay to drive a car so distinctive, fun, and
entertaining. Fortunately, the famous O ring head gaskets were replaced
under warranty, and the one time the belt skipped a tooth (symptom being
that the car was down on power), it didn't bend anything. The experience
left me convinced that camshafts should be chain driven, and all my
automotive purchases since have reflected that belief.

Robert Clauss
Mt. Prospect, IL  USA

'65 Giulia TI
'86 Graduate