One of the Last Virgin Alfetta Chassis' Bites the Dust

Mark:  Do what you want....

but there are so few examples of the 116 chassis that still remain both in
Europe and the North American continent that I hate to see you ruin one of
the last ones for  the 'go faster' excuse.  If you really wanted to go
faster you should never have purchased this example in the first place.  Why
not resell it to a person who wants to perpetuate the original car........or
at least keep everything so that when you grow tired of the car and the
pinion spacer pounds paper thin and you start hearing other  noi$e$, you
will have the components to return the car to the way the factory built it
special to the USA.

I almost wish I had heard about it first ....as I drove the very first 1975
USA example for awhile (chassis 000011-red) and fell in love with it's
excellent all weather starting and nice performance.....all with that
magnificent mechanical computer (Spica) and all the original hardware.  Your
car apparently survived a quarter century of Connecticut cold temperatures.
What is the problem?

Like I said, do what you want.

Bob Little

Mark Wrote:

"Just bought a real nice one-owner '76 Alfetta Sports Sedan. Bone stock. Air
conditioning compressor, air pump plumbing....the works.  Anybody in need of
this stuff??? I'm looking to lighten up the car - swapping out heavy bumpers
for Euro ones, getting rid of all the emission controls and air
conditioning. The air cond. has been converted to R-34 and actually holds
pressure and works flawlessly. The car just passed CT emissions with flying
colors. Previous owner had maintained the car meticulously."