Digest, but this one's slightly different: Should someone be removing an
Alfa Romeo 4-cylinder engine (motor) and transmission, would assume we
all agree the lift bracket needs to be moved from #5 / #6 studs to #3 /
#4 studs.

Since the majority of time when removing the engine it is destined to be
rebuilt, I loosen all head nuts to remove stress, and move lift bracket
forward (#3 / #4). When reinstalling (is that redundant?) after
rebuilding, etc., I've kept the head nuts somewhat loose. Then install
engine / tranny reverse of removal, do the old switcheroo on the lift
bracket, torque, and all has always been fine.

However...should one Not be planning on rebuilding the engine after
removing, but 'reinstalling' it sans rebuild (meaning, at least head is
Not removed / replaced) does one Only remove the #3 to #6 head nuts when
lifting / replacing lifting bracket whence it came, or does one Still
loosen All head nuts (to remove stress) and hope all smishes down
(seals) A-okay once again?

Anxiously awaiting your scintillating, not to mention, erudite replies,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA