'78 Spider suspension UPDATE!

Rebuilt the entire front suspension of the Spider(with
LOTS of help!).

BIG difference!  EXPENSIVE but worth it since the car is
much more enjoyable and SAFE to drive than it was with
24-year old suspension parts!

Sorry to say I decided AGAINST using polyurethane
bushings.  The control arms arrived with rubber bushings
in place and since this is just a weekend driver so it
seemed impractical.  I was also concerned with the
possible harshness of poly bushings for public roads.

REMOVED the US-Spec. aluminum front spring spacers.
Installed in my car were the tallest:  10.5MM!

Not sure which size spacers are in the rear but the
overall ride stance is about perfect now so I'll leave
it for now.  The P.O. had installed 'coil boosters' for
some reason?  I quickly removed them and the rear ride
height changed very little with no tendency to bottom
out.  Why the P.O. put them there is beyond me?

Ride height is ever so slightly lower now, front to
rear, looks and drives great!

Later!

Jeff

PS Shell Spirax HD 80W90 RULES!