re: Milano clutch woes

At 11:03 PM -0500 3/19/02, AlfaNeely@domain.elided wrote:
>From: AlfaNeely@domain.elided
>Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:03:15 EST
>Subject: Milano clutch woes
>To: jee@domain.elided, alfa-digest@domain.elided
>
>In a message dated 03/19/2002 9:34:27 PM Central Standard Time,
>owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
>

>>Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:00:23 -0500
>>From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
>>Subject: re: Milano clutch woes
>>
>>For future reference, always suspect the master first.  I'm sure it
>>happens, but I've never seen a slave fail, and I've seen masters go
>>out on half the cars I've worked on.  And Peter, keep your
>>car--especially if you're fortunate enough to have a parts car!
>>

>      My experience has been the opposite.  I replace slave
>cylinders about twice as often as clutch masters.
>
>Ciao,
>Russ Neely
>Oklahoma City

Well, I'll continue to suspect the master first, but I suppose it was
foolish of me to suggest that others do the same.  I suppose it
varies from car to car.

I'm sure if Fred were paying attention he'd point out the importance
of troubleshooting before you start replacing parts in an attempt to
fix a problem.

I should probably get back to work and stop pretending to know what
I'm talking about.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6
'73 Opel GT (cable-actuated clutch)