RE: What's the best oil?

I'm a littled biased, but Amsoil is the way to go on synthetic.  It's the
oldest and the best.  You can purchase a limited license from them and get a
huge discount on oil pricing - basically wholesale pricing.  I also buy my
bearing grease, filters, etc. from them as well.  As for weight, where do
you live??  I live her in Florida and have always used 20/50 in my 4
bangers.  Stays too hot all year long.  If you live up North, then you want
something not so heavy on start up temps, like a 10/40 or 5/30.  Nothing
wrong with good old fashioned processed oil.  I like synthetic for its long
termability and durability.  Doesn't break down as nearly as fast as regular
oil.  In fact, since you don't put a lot of miles and it, if you do buy
synthetic, buy the correct weight for your year round temperature.
Otherwise, you'll be changing the synthetic every six months.