RE: Lightened gear mod

Merritt Carden on the left coast (W-510-797-2446, H-209-795-5565) is
the quick source on this ( if he's still doing it). I had all of mine
done, and ( I think) it cost around $75/gear. He can ship on an
exchange basis. You might check with your machinist to see what he
would charge, or perhaps Tom S. can tell you. They are not only
machined thinner in the body, but they are also drilled to lighten.
Brian is absolutely right--BIG dif.

--- Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided> wrote:
> > Has anyone had their gears lightened when their transmission was
> > overhauled?  I would like to have this done but I don't know how
> much to
> > tell the machine shop to take off.
>
> Tom Sahines did a couple for me - the difference is night and day.
>
> bs

=====
Best Regards,

Alan Lambert