GTV (4 cyl) Question

Now that I've got the 69 GT Veloce back on the road
(thank you John) after it's disintegrating brake fluid
reservoir trick, I have had a strange experience occur
twice - latest was last night on the 880N in Hayward,
CA.

The symptoms are identical - cruising along at highway
speeds (80-ish +/-) and suddenly the engine dies, I am
able to coast to the side and the car will not
restart.  First time this happened I tried to think
through what was and wasn't happening - engine turning
over, fuel in the tank... etc.  Pulled off the
airfilter box to see if there was anything to loose.
Tried restarting and it started immediately.  Last
night when I coasted to the side of the highway, I
simply popped the hood, removed the airfilter and
presto, chango - the car started.

The filters *appear* clean, there do not seem to be
any obstructions to airflow, but removal of the airbox
solved the problem both times.  Once I reinstall the
airbox, there are no problems.

Any words of wisdom?

John Wright
1969 GT Veloce
1989 Milano Gold/America
San Francisco ...driving to LA on Friday...
http://mail.yahoo.com/