Re: spider - undercarrige heat shield missing

I suffered the same fate when I moved to Virginia and had to have the header
changed AND Catalytic Converter reinstalled for emissions laws.
I soon began to get serious heat at my footwell accelerator area--especially
bad in summer at under 45mph. I had already put in insulation shield under
the carpet, but the radiating heat was just too much for comfort.
I was lucky enough to find a set of heat shields off of a GTV on EBay and
bought them. I then formed the largest one to fit the down curve of my
header/Cat pipe, and trimmed it with a pair of aviation snips. I mounted it
into the body pan with stainless sheet metal screws and spacers. Then to make
doubly sure that I was not going to continue getting "hot foot", I bought
some header insulation tape from a  car performance store and applied it from
the exhaust maifold/header pipe junction all the way to the Catalytic
Converter. It has worked wonders for comfort.
Jody Zimmerman
82 Spider