clutch issues

I had exactly the same problem with my '82 Spider's clutch.  No slippage, but
it would not fully disengage making shifting into 1st or R impossible with
out shutting off the engine.

First step was to replace the master cylender.  This did not solve the
problem.

Second step was to replace the slave cylender.  Still didn't work.

Next was to have my mechanic "professionally" bleed the system.  Nope!

Next was to have him replace the clutch.  This solved the problem... almost.

Occasionally, the clutch still doesn't fully disengage.  I have no clue why,
and neither does anyone else I've asked!  I just live with it.  I guess it's
one of those gremlins.

Now, you did get a reply to your original post saying that those are not
symptoms of a bad clutch.  That makes since to me, since it seems that as the
clutch wears it would not fully engage (i.e. slip).  But, let me stress that
replacing the clutch did help my car by about 92%.

Hope this helps,
Brian

P.S. Again, if anyone here has any idea how to get rid of my gremlin, please
let me know.